Yogi JD discovered Kundalini yoga in 2004 while living in Vancouver. Shortly afterwards he attended a Kundalini Men’s camp, which was a life-changing experience. Ever since, he has sought opportunities to deepen his spiritual connection with courses, retreats, teaching, and a regular practice.
After years of dealing with depression and addiction to drugs and alcohol, Yogi JD is now in full recovery – sober and content. He credits Kundalini yoga and the 12-Step approach of AA with with providing the tools to connect with his higher self. He has drawn on his years of experience and extensive learning to develop the RE(dis)COVERY program, a 12-week online recovery program.
His credentials and experience includes:
- Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (200-hour Hatha)
- Registered Yoga Teacher with the International Kundalini Teacher Association (Level 1 Kundalini)
- Attended more than 7 White Tantric meditation events
- Attended Winter Solstice Celebration at Lake Wales in Florida (2017 and 2018)
- Fundamentals of Yoga Philosophy Level 1 at the Sivanada Ashram in the Bahamas (2018)
- Winter Solstice Celebration at Lake Wales in Florida (2017 and 2018)
- Summer Solstice Celebration at Guru Ram Das Puri, New Mexico (2017 and 2019)
Experience Kundalini yoga with YogiJD on YouTube, and visit our Events page to see where he is teaching next.